cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! Portfolio Recovery Placed a Hard on TU for Debt from 1992!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP!! Portfolio Recovery Placed a Hard on TU for Debt from 1992!!!

I noticed on my TU report that Portfolio Recovery Associates placed a hard inquiry on my credit report dated February 4, 2008. I was going to send a letter regarding the unauthorized hard inquiry but since I am home with a 10 day migraine decided to call them instead. (I know never call the JDB).

Anyway, I spoke with "Patricia" and inquired as to why they pulled my report since I never applied for credit with them. She looked it up and said "Oh, this is for a Chase Visa card and the last payment is June of 1992". I said "Thank you and hung up".

How do I get the inquiry removed? Do I send them a FOAD letter? Do I report them to the Attorney General in both NY (my state) and VA (theirs)? Do I report to the Better Business Bureau?

I don't think they can actually put this on my credit report as a collection account at this point without doing a reaging and I know they certainly can't sue me. Correct? Are they in violation for hitting my credit report with a hard inquiry on an account that is 16 years old???

What do I do??
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP!! Portfolio Recovery Placed a Hard on TU for Debt from 1992!!!

yes, please someone aswer this...

can we get those hards removed if we don't authorize them?? because I have 4 hards on my cu since 2007 from CA's.
Message 2 of 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Interesting.  They may have PP to try and revover the debt, even if they can't sue because of the SOL.

Interesting
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just filed a complaint on the FTC website using the online form. I'll see what their response is. I'm so pissed, the debt isn't even under my legal name, it is under my old married name. I was divorced in 1992 and I never changed my name legally. My social security number was never associated to the married name, it has always been in my maiden name. Which of course pissed off my ex, but that is another story. Can I dispute the married name on my credit reports and try to have it removed?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.