Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! Requesting deletion after collection account was already paid

tag
annah618
Established Member

HELP!! Requesting deletion after collection account was already paid

I have a phone date with a collections supervisor at 3:15 PST to discuss deletion of my account.

I already spoke with an underling who didn't know what I was talking about, which is why he is referring me to the supervisor.

What spefically should I say? I paid the account about 18 months ago. I am trying to get a mortgage and this collection is dragging my score down. Here is the gist what I said to the underling:

"I am calling to request that you delete my account from your records, and stop reporting to the credit bureaus. I paid the account quite a while ago, and I am now trying to get approved for a home loan, but this collection account is pulling my fico score down. I was hoping that you would delete the account since it has been paid for over a year."
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP!! Requesting deletion after collection account was already paid

Don't forget the sexy music, candles and your voice must be dripping with sweetness.Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 11
annah618
Established Member

Yes, I was being very polite and nice to the person I spoke with, and plan to do the same when I speak to the supervisor, but what about content? Is what I said before okay? Should I add anything, take anything out, phrase it differently? I don't want to muck this up.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think what you want to get across is how appreciative you would be for their goodwill. You have the basics - just try to convince them that his/her help would be wonderful. These people listen to screaming allllll day, so a nice lady on the phone will go far.

*DISCLAIMER* I know, I know. If they didn't want to listen to people scream all day, they should get a different job. I'm just sayin'.....
Message 4 of 11
annah618
Established Member

Thanks for your help. Cross your fingers for me!!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did it go?
Message 6 of 11
annah618
Established Member

I just got off with him, he said it's "not their policy" to negotiate for deletion, and I can try writing to their consumer services department. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get on your laptop and start typing that GW letter.  Don't get discouraged, you have not yet exhausted all the possibilities.

Message 8 of 11
annah618
Established Member

I am definitely going to write it. Do you know of any good templates I could get inspiration from? I have no idea what to say.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

annah618 wrote:
I am definitely going to write it. Do you know of any good templates I could get inspiration from? I have no idea what to say.

Courtesy our dear Tuscani.  One of those, or some combination should help.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.