Established Member
annah618

HELP!! Requesting deletion after collection account was already paid

I have a phone date with a collections supervisor at 3:15 PST to discuss deletion of my account.

I already spoke with an underling who didn't know what I was talking about, which is why he is referring me to the supervisor.

What spefically should I say? I paid the account about 18 months ago. I am trying to get a mortgage and this collection is dragging my score down. Here is the gist what I said to the underling:

"I am calling to request that you delete my account from your records, and stop reporting to the credit bureaus. I paid the account quite a while ago, and I am now trying to get approved for a home loan, but this collection account is pulling my fico score down. I was hoping that you would delete the account since it has been paid for over a year."
Established Contributor
TexMontana

Re: HELP!! Requesting deletion after collection account was already paid

Don't forget the sexy music, candles and your voice must be dripping with sweetness.:smileywink:
" I like to live as a poor man, with a lot of money." - Pablo Picasso (who was a jerk.)
Established Member
annah618

Yes, I was being very polite and nice to the person I spoke with, and plan to do the same when I speak to the supervisor, but what about content? Is what I said before okay? Should I add anything, take anything out, phrase it differently? I don't want to muck this up.
Established Contributor
TexMontana

I think what you want to get across is how appreciative you would be for their goodwill. You have the basics - just try to convince them that his/her help would be wonderful. These people listen to screaming allllll day, so a nice lady on the phone will go far.

*DISCLAIMER* I know, I know. If they didn't want to listen to people scream all day, they should get a different job. I'm just sayin'.....
" I like to live as a poor man, with a lot of money." - Pablo Picasso (who was a jerk.)
Established Member
annah618

Thanks for your help. Cross your fingers for me!!
Established Contributor
trinigal

How did it go?
Established Member
annah618

I just got off with him, he said it's "not their policy" to negotiate for deletion, and I can try writing to their consumer services department. :smileysad:
Established Contributor
trinigal

Get on your laptop and start typing that GW letter.  Don't get discouraged, you have not yet exhausted all the possibilities.

Established Member
annah618

I am definitely going to write it. Do you know of any good templates I could get inspiration from? I have no idea what to say.
Established Contributor
trinigal

annah618 wrote:
I am definitely going to write it. Do you know of any good templates I could get inspiration from? I have no idea what to say.

Courtesy our dear Tuscani.  One of those, or some combination should help.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+