cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP- TWO Verizon wireless accts as chargeoffs?

tag
annah
Contributor

HELP- TWO Verizon wireless accts as chargeoffs?

I have 2 that they are reporting! One I have recently sent a pfd letter for, it was around $100. Marked as chargeoff in 10/06, even though it just reported recently.

Another *just* appeared on my credit report a couple of days ago, with a different account number, for $900 something dollars. This one says the accoutn was opened in 04/07.

The final bill that I received was for the $100 one. My problem, is that I only had ONE verizon account, certainly not 2 account numbers, but they are showing up now as 2 collections. I also did not even have verizon in 07- I closed my account back in 06.

What the heck do I do about this? I just disputed the 2nd one to EX, but I'm assuming I should send some type of letter to Verizon also, but what do I say?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP- TWO Verizon wireless accts as chargeoffs?

I'd call VZ and speak to the fraud department for info on that other account.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.