Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - repo listed but never had one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP - repo listed but never had one

I was just checking my CR. An old student loan went to collections in '03. I started paying in 2005 and paid each month until it was paid off in 2006. Well, on my CR, it shows it was repo'd/foreclosure in June of 2005.

how can they list this? How should I handle this?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP - repo listed but never had one

If you never had a repo or foreclosure, I would dispute it as not mine.  Since it's a student loan they'll probably update it instead of delete.  You could also GW it and ask them to remove it completely due to it being inaccurate and causing you adverse actions.  Again, student loan... not that easy to have removed but you can at least get it reporting correctly.

Is the TL to who you paid the collection off to... rather, is there just 1 TL on this or 2?
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, there is two trade lines. The original will not list as paid no matter what i do - even if I show proof I paid the collection. I will dispute, dispute, dispute.
Message 3 of 4
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

If you don't mind posting the TLs there are lots who don't mind lookin'.

Regarding the OC TL, if all that's gone on is disputes that went no where... go the MOV and/or ITS route.  Read some here on page 3 as well as the entire thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=28399

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.