Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP

Everybody has been very helpful in the past. Now lets see if they can answer this one.

Have a NCO FIN/99 collection account for 1,835.00 for a hospital bill. It has been paid off since 02/2005.

Finally got a hold of someone to talk to at NCO in Baltimore Maryland. They told me since it is a judgement they cannot remove the account. But NCO is reporting it. Not the attorney Mark Linder.

Has anyone had this happen and how do you go about GW it . I might be stuck with this one.

tHANKS. 

Message Edited by zman on 01-02-2008 10:39 AM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP

The lawyer who sued you has the ability to... or any of NCO's lawyers.  Keep GWing.  If anything on the satisfied judgement is not reporting correctly, dispute it.

Message Edited by SmartCookie on 01-02-2008 01:51 PM
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

These are actually on my CR as collections from NCO.
But evidently the attorney does not show up as a Judgement. Which is fine with me. A judgement would kill me.

Should I still GW the attorney?
Message 3 of 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Ok I see... the judgement has never made it to the CRAs you are saying.  I would leave that alone then since it's not broken, but keep an eye on it.

As for the NCO collection itself, I certainly would try to GW.  You would do that directly to NCO and just wash, rinse, repeat as needed every 45-60 days or so.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Actually since this is a medical collection, you can also check out HIPAA to see if you have rights under that.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.