Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPAA Confusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HIPAA Confusion

I have searched and understand the medical collection process as outlined by Whychat but am learning of this after having paid the OC. The OC in turn has informed the CA of payment and the CA lists as "P-Paid". Is my understanding to dispute with CRA the way to go? Whychat seems to say this as "there may be no valid balance due." Can this process still work for me? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: HIPAA Confusion

Ideally, you would have gotten the OC to pull back the collection when they agreed to accept your payment. If you didn't then, ask them to do so now.

Medical collections are unique in that they don't arise from your seeking credit. In fact, much of the time they result from the OC screwing up the billing, or not trying to work something out with you.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HIPAA Confusion

Thanks for responding. You are correct in that the medical billing staff plays a role in all this. I know the debt was valid and needed to be paid but the doctors office gave the CA our old address even though they had the correct one for a couple of years. Therefore, we never heard a thing from the CA and only found out when Scorewatch sent an email.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.