cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO PROCESS AN OPT IN REQUEST????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO PROCESS AN OPT IN REQUEST????

A few years back I was convinced into opting out for prescreened offers and for the DNC list. At the time I thought this was just removing junk mail and telemarketing calls. Little did I know that this would also keep you from finding out that you are prequalified for credit cards online. A little over a month ago I went to the OPT IN/OUT website and opted back in. I try the various prequal sites once a week and still haven't seen any offers. My credit isnt excellent but I am in the upper 600's. I've been trying to rebuild my credit after a divorce and bankruptcy from 7 years ago and would like to start getting some better rewards with my credit cards. Does anyone know how long it takes to process an OPT IN request?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO PROCESS AN OPT IN REQUEST????

I believe it's 5 business days for their system to opt you back in, and then the lenders may take a month or so to see it if they've got you on a SP list to check for offers.

Be aware that some lenders may take even longer -- up to 3 months.  Some lenders purchase entire group-buckets of consumers who want prescreened offers but those lenders only buy those lists every few months.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm I remember putting myself on the DNC list (which didn't work), but I dont remember ever opting out of anything.  I assume since Credit One started soliciting me right after my bankruptcy that I'm not opted of anything, correct?  Also, because of my bankruptccy Chase will never show me anything on the pre-qual site correct?  It just says we have no offers for you - this may be because you opted out at some point - or something to that effect.  It made me think "hmm did I opt out of something?"  If someone was opted out then they would never see a response on any pre-qual sites, is that correct?

Message 3 of 8
roxy72
Valued Member

Can I have the link or website name where you can opt in?

Seedling till 5/15/19
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the same site that you OPT OUT at..........www.optoutprescreen.com

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Hopefully soon I start to see something. I hate applying for something that I'm most likely going to get denied for. Kudos!!!

Message 6 of 8
roxy72
Valued Member

Thank you!

Seedling till 5/15/19
Message 7 of 8
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

I have similar scores than you and really don't see much of pre qual invites either but lately getting them from LC and Prosper and just today I got an email from Chase about their FU card with $300 bonus but never pre qual on their site because it's always a decline with a BK7 on record until you recon.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. Hopefully soon I start to see something. I hate applying for something that I'm most likely going to get denied for. Kudos!!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.