cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW MANY POINTS DO FORECLOSURES BRING CREDIT SCORES DOWN?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HOW MANY POINTS DO FORECLOSURES BRING CREDIT SCORES DOWN?

THIS IS A WORLDWIDE GLOBAL TOPIC RIGHT NOW, BECAUSE OF THE HUGE DROP IN BANKS AND THE TRIPLE EFFECT WITH HOME FORECLOSURES. AS HOMES FORECLOSE, BANKS ARE IMPLODING, THESE PEOPLE NEED HELP, AND AT THE SAMETIME, THEIR CREDIT IS BEING DAMAGE. PEOPLE OF POWER NEED TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND HELP THE PEOPLE KEEP THEIR AMERICAN DREAM AND NOT MAKE IT A MEMORABLE NIGHTMARE.

FICOGRIP22
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HOW MANY POINTS DO FORECLOSURES BRING CREDIT SCORES DOWN?

Welcome.. please refrain from using caps, bold and underline as it makes your posts hard to read. No one can tell you for sure how many points any single event will cost you. The impact will depend on your overall credit picture.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aww, Tuscani.  Don't be so hard on him.  I think his post was pretty.  Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

*giggling*.............yeah it is kinda purdy! Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm guessing... a lot!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although I could not tell you the exact amoung foreclosures would affect your score- they are definitly something you want to avoid if there is any way possible.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might want to refrain from telling me what to do, I asked a simple question, all you had to do was answer it, all that damage stuff isn't doing nothing for me. If you have a problem with the stupid features, then don't read it. I was asking a serious question for the serious people who cares, not a person that wants to take a stand for ignorance. This statement is not in bold letters , so you can read it. Keep the respect, with everyone on this forum and you will get the respect back.
Message 7 of 8
marty56
Super Contributor

Actaully you might want to be nicer to people when you were asked in a nice way to make your post more readable.

A foreclosure would affect you in more ways then just lowering your score.  As long as it is on your CR, It will make it harder for you to get another secured loan then someone with the same score that has no foreclosure on their report.

You should asssume it is as bad as a BK.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.