cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW MANY POINTS WILL MY SCORE INCREASE???

tag
miltolam
Valued Member

HOW MANY POINTS WILL MY SCORE INCREASE???

Greetings myFICO community...Quick question, I'm waiting to hear back from my SL lender to see if two 90 days and one 120 days late mark is deleted on my CR from 2 accounts with this lender (a total of 6 marks). The two 90 days is from 2010, the 120 is from 2007. Approximately many points can I expect my score to jump? Thanks in adv.

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: HOW MANY POINTS WILL MY SCORE INCREASE???

@miltolam wrote:

Greetings myFICO community...Quick question, I'm waiting to hear back from my SL lender to see if two 90 days and one 120 days late mark is deleted on my CR from 2 accounts with this lender (a total of 6 marks). The two 90 days is from 2010, the 120 is from 2007. Approximately many points can I expect my score to jump? Thanks in adv.

It depends on what other negatives are showing on your credit reports.....are there others and what are they ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
miltolam
Valued Member

@pizzadude wrote:

@miltolam wrote:

It depends on what other negatives are showing on your credit reports.....are there others and what are they ?

@Anonymous, Negative: at this present moments are those 6 lates, BK Chapt 7 on my pub rec. (w/7-8 accounts incld in chpt 7 w/$0 balance and no lates), and 3 inq (2 banks, 1 credit line) within the last 4 months. Positive: I have 2 cc that are paid on time and kept under %25 percent of my CL, 4 student loans that are current, and about 25 years of credit history.

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

With the BK and the accounts involved in BK still reporting the point gain will probably be minimal. The deletion of the lates from 2010 will have more effect than the 2007. If the BK was before 2010 then maybe 10-15 point gain. The big gain comes when ALL negative items such as lates and collections are removed. Inquiry damage is minimal in most cases and generally recovered with aging accounts and solid payments well before the one year no scoring impact for FICO or the two year dropoff.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.