Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO SEE SOFT PULLS ON EXPERIAN REPORT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HOW TO SEE SOFT PULLS ON EXPERIAN REPORT

Hi everyone, i just want to see my soft pulls on experian but i can't, i have tried the dispute button but it say that my report can't show online, do you know any other way to do it, i'm member of the experian credit tracker so i can refresh my report everyday but the soft pulls doesn't shows, thanks!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: HOW TO SEE SOFT PULLS ON EXPERIAN REPORT

By definition, a soft pull is an inquiry that cannot be included in any credit report other than one available to the consumer. Most commercial credit reports are generated to be sold to anyone, and thus usually omit soft pulls. The site annualcreditreport.com is the government sanctioned site for the CRAs compliance with their requirement to make consumer reports available to the consumer once every 12 months. That site can ONLY be accessed by the consumer seeking their own report, and thus the reports you receive from that site include soft pulls.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:
By definition, a soft pull is an inquiry that cannot be included in any credit report other than one available to the consumer. Most commercial credit reports are generated to be sold to anyone, and thus usually omit soft pulls. The site annualcreditreport.com is the government sanctioned site for the CRAs compliance with their requirement to make consumer reports available to the consumer once every 12 months. That site can ONLY be accessed by the consumer seeking their own report, and thus the reports you receive from that site include soft pulls.

thanks for your response is very complete, but my problem is that i already got my free report two months ago, so the annual credit report doesn't works for me, is any other way to get my full report, it doesn't matter if i have to pay for it

Message 3 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You can always contact the CRA directly and request, under FCRA 609(a)(1), any information of record in your credit file.

Such requests are subject to a CRA processing fee, which is currently $11.00.

The advantage is that you can specify exactly what info you want, such as soft inquiries or a reported DOFD.

Message 4 of 10
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

If you recently got denied for credit and they pulled EX, you can get a new report without cost for that reason.

Edit: Then you can see the most recent SPs.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 5 of 10
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/207416...

Sorry, this link wouldn't post at first because it had to go through moderation.  Read the last post on the page of this link and it says the same I just did below.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 6 of 10
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

I read somewhere here that if you go onto experian once you have a report #, you can select "view your report again" and it will show soft pulls

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 7 of 10
Ubuntu
Regular Contributor

I had to get a full Experian report recently (even though just like the OP I'm a member of their monitoring service which is supposed to give daily refreshes of my full report but doesn't show soft pulls, sigh...). I can't remember exactly what page did the trick. I think I started on the home page and clicked a link near the bottom labeled "Credit File Disclosure".

https://www.experian.com/consumer/cac/InvalidateSession.do?code=CDI

That will take you to a page that doesn't list any prices and will make you enter an SSN and other info so I can't test it right now but the page looks familiar and I think that's where my full report came from.  I had to have them mail it to me but I think that may have been due to some sort of error message and not because you can't get it online. The letter the sent definitely didn't contain a report just a link to a page online where I could see the report.

----------------------------------

For TU a full report with soft pulls can be obtained here for $11.50:

https://disclosure.transunion.com/dc/disclosure/disclosure.jsp

----------------------------------

For Equifax go here:

https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/150/~/free-or-discounted-credit-files-by-state

to see how much a full report will cost for your state (they range from $5 to $11.50) and then go to the link below or follow the link on the link above.

https://aa.econsumer.equifax.com/aad/landing.ehtml

Choose "Reduced-Fee State Credit File (not denied)" from the options or whichever one applies best to you.

Message 8 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Ubuntu wrote:

I had to get a full Experian report recently (even though just like the OP I'm a member of their monitoring service which is supposed to give daily refreshes of my full report but doesn't show soft pulls, sigh...) 

It is mentioned in other threads but some of the monitoring sevices offered by the CRA's do not show SP's and only show up on a report purchased from the CRA (not as part of a monitoring service).

Message 9 of 10
Ubuntu
Regular Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Ubuntu wrote:

I had to get a full Experian report recently (even though just like the OP I'm a member of their monitoring service which is supposed to give daily refreshes of my full report but doesn't show soft pulls, sigh...) 

It is mentioned in other threads but some of the monitoring sevices offered by the CRA's do not show SP's and only show up on a report purchased from the CRA (not as part of a monitoring service).

Yeah, this is pretty well known here but it's annoying and not at all obvious to anyone signing up for the service. It's not a huge deal but it feels wrong. On the Experian site it says:

you enjoy "unlimited access to your Experian credit report"

That implies to me that I should be able to see the whole report. At this point they're even giving members their real Experian FICO score in addition to the PLUS score that originally came with the membership but still no soft pulls.

When I first found out about this I hunted around for a while and found some fine print that mentioned exclusions which included the soft pulls but I just tried to find it again and couldn't.

It feels like when Comcast was advertising "unlimited internet access" and then added data caps. Their response to the situation was that "unlimited" meant how often you could connect and not how much you could download. Interpretation is everything and there's just about no enforcement of anything but the most egregious false advertising because of that.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.