Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Inquiry Question

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

HP Inquiry Question

So how are these maintained on your credit reports? Do the creditors report it every month for 2 years or is it set to report automatically and fall of after 2 years?

I only ask because 2 out of 4 inquiries I had (12/12 & 1/13) have just disappeared this month. Is that normal? I am not complaining just curious?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HP Inquiry Question

I'll happen from time to time. Definitely not worth thinking twice about. 

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Inquirees for a consumer credit report are not the reporting of account information to a CRA, they are just the opposite.... requests to view what has been reported. 

Inquires are coded in some mysterious process never published by the CRAs, and not detailed in their credit reporting manual, as they aren't credit reporting.

Inquirees dont regularly update the fact of a prior inquiry.  It's a one-shot coding at occurance.  Many inquiirees have never reported information to the consumer's credit file.

Message 3 of 5
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Inquirees for a consumer credit report are not the reporting of account information to a CRA, they are just the opposite.... requests to view what has been reported. 

Inquires are coded in some mysterious process never published by the CRAs, and not detailed in their credit reporting manual, as they aren't credit reporting.

Inquirees dont regularly update the fact of a prior inquiry.  It's a one-shot coding at occurance.  Many inquiirees have never reported information to the consumer's credit file.

I'm sorry you lost me, does the CRA remove/drop these inquiires?

Message 4 of 5
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

I'm sorry you lost me, does the CRA remove/drop these inquiires?

You asked whether the creditors report the inquiry continuously.  I think that is what Robert was responding to.  Creditors are not reporting continuously that they asked for your account information on X date.  Rather, the CRA is making note of the fact that your information was requested on X date.

Creditors can delete or recode an inquiry, however, e.g., changing it from a hard pull to a soft pull.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.