Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP for apartment rental?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HP for apartment rental?

Apartments said they only do a SP but checking my credit it looks like they did a HP when we moved in in 2014 and again when we re-signed the lease in 2015. Is this normal because it's making my recent inquiries appear very high when they're actually moderate.
12 REPLIES 12
susieqj
Regular Contributor

Re: HP for apartment rental?

HP for me. I just had 2 this week from 2 different management company. I live in NYC and all management company pulls EX.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine pulled TU which for me 90% of my HP's are and that's in CA
Message 3 of 13
elim
Senior Contributor

Uhhhhg, I'm looking for an apt now.  Pain in the butt.

Message 4 of 13
susieqj
Regular Contributor

It is a pain hassle and annoying. I am reconsidering purchasing a condo instead. I wish NYC would pull TU more as it is my best score 686 while my EX is 634 agrrr. lol. Good luck to you.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EX score is actually 634 too haha it's my lowest then TU is my 2nd at 655 and EQ (which almost no one pulls) is my highest at 670. I wish everyone would pull EQ
Message 6 of 13
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Apartments said they only do a SP but checking my credit it looks like they did a HP when we moved in in 2014 and again when we re-signed the lease in 2015. Is this normal because it's making my recent inquiries appear very high when they're actually moderate.

HP for re-signing the lease is what looks odd to me.  The pull is supposed to be for evaluating repayment habits; I don't understand why they would pull again for a lease renewal.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

One I wouldn't complain about but twice that's just messed up especially if you're just renewing literally 6 months later ( we had a 6 month lease because we weren't sure how long we would stay there).
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I rent from Camden and they pulled EQ in SD. Once you rent from them, they don't pull your credit again to renew or if you want to transfer anywhere in the US with them, as long as you are always on-time with rent.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

MY wife and I both own a house leasing business and when we conduct our background checks / credit checks we use a program called TransUnion SmartMove and it initiates a "soft-pull" on the applicants credit reports
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.