Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Best Buy GW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC Best Buy GW

I recently sent a GW email to Brad Anderson the CEO of Best Buy.  I received the following response back.

December 19, 2007

Dear Mr. Evans,

Thank you for contacting Brad Anderson at the Best Buy corporate headquarters.  Your message has been forwarded to me for review and response.

As you may know, Best Buy has a working relationship with Household Retail Services (HSBC), a separate company, whereby they provide credit card services to our customers.  For privacy and security purposes, Best Buy does not have direct access to or influence over HSBC’s records, policies, and procedures.  As a courtesy, I contacted an HSBC account manager on your behalf.  They advised that they are unable to make any changes to your account as due to the delinquent history, it was sold to a collection agency in 2003, with whom you eventually made a settlement.  Still, we wish you the best with your new home and hope your family enjoys the upcoming holidays.

Thank you for sharing this concern with us.  We do appreciate your patronage, and I hope you will let me know if you have any future questions or concerns.

She states that this account was sold to a collection agency with whom I made a settlement.  My credit report shows HSBC/Best Buy.  Does this make any difference? Is there anything else I can do on this now?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC Best Buy GW

Anybody have suggestions?
Message 2 of 6
Leele
Established Member

When you do the dispute make sure that you state that it was under a different company at the time just to make sure and note that it's paid...I hope this helps.
Message 3 of 6
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

It's best to GW the company who owns the best buy account, this being HSBC.  They just did a recent gw for me.  I've heard they're 'tough' to get gw's out of.

Keep sending and sending!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked the lady that sent me the email from BB and she just gave me a phone number for HSBC.  I sent off a GW to them yesterday.  I also found the CEO of the company and figured out his email address and sent him one.  Hopefully I can get this done.   Thanks for the reply.
Message 5 of 6
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

Hey hgolf1848, I work for Best Buy and have been with them for several years now and I was a senior for their operations deparment and I can say whenever a situation comes up with one of their cards we always referred the customer to the number in the back of the cards.  If you need numbers or if maybe there is something I can help you with let me know.  Good Luck
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.