Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Experiences? The Good and Bad!

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

HSBC Experiences? The Good and Bad!

I was approved for a Installment/Revolving Loan thru HSBC. Just would like to know what kind of experiences you may have had with them! Good and Bad!Thanks!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: HSBC Experiences? The Good and Bad!

Well......I have HSBC Best Buy.  Their call center is in India.  One word of advice...don't be late!  They DO CALL!  And they're DIFFICULT AT BEST.  According to my neighbor, they're also NOT GOOD about doing the GW late fee removal either.

I have no  30 days on them, but was late just a few days last month (I believe it was) and they called DH and reamed him a new arse.  Told him that he was constantly late and this was going to collections & he needed to make a payment THAT MINUTE.  I pulled all the statements and payments were usually made EARLY if not on the exact date.  Our pay is 2nd Friday in the month & isn't due until end....

I have HSBC revolving credit and no issues with that one.

Message 2 of 9
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

So its mainly the credit cards that most poeple have the problems with! Right?
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to have a consolidation loan with them and had no problems with them whatsoever.  I now have two credit cards with them (Orchard & HSBC).  Both of the credit cards I got after a bankruptcy and they are not even secured cards.  They have been great about increasing my credit limit every year or so.  But I have never been late and usually pay online.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to like HSBC but now I can't stand them. I had a 30 day late on my report and it was only like 2 days late because of the mail...the payment was sent on time.

So I disputed it...now I have 5 30 days late. And they refuse to remove them even though I was never 30 days late.

This was a car loan. One that I paid off in less than 2 years too.

I closed a credit card and still have my Orchardbank card.

3 accounts and only one with no issues and that's the one I want to get rid of...
Message 5 of 9
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

EddieX wrote:
I used to like HSBC but now I can't stand them. I had a 30 day late on my report and it was only like 2 days late because of the mail...the payment was sent on time.

So I disputed it...now I have 5 30 days late. And they refuse to remove them even though I was never 30 days late.

3 accounts and only one with no issues and that's the one I want to get rid of...

Send an MOV to the CRAs regarding that dispute.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 6 of 9
missgamecock
Contributor

Orchard bank credit cards stinks. I had a $300 limit (no af) with them for 2 years. Ontime payments. I called to get a CLI done. I had just been approved for a Hooters MC with a 5k limit and no AF. She asked if she could do a hard inquiry which I agreed to. Afterwards she was kind enough to inform me that I could have a $100 cli and that was with charging me $25  for it!!!! They also changed the terms and were charging a $39 AF (hence the reason for the cli, was not going to pay af on low cl card). So I closed my account and will pay it within 30 days with them and told then  to stuff it and remove me from all their mailing lists. I also told them to change the hard inquiry to a soft as they did not inform me BEFORE pulling the report that there was a fee with a cli. That none of my other cards did this. I didn't need their card when I have cards from 4k cl up.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SmartCookie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Send an MOV to the CRAs regarding that dispute.

MOV...Ok, I thought I knew most of the terms...

MOV = ???
Something about verification I assume.

I have asked for verification and got nothing from them. They say they didn't get the final payoff check until 35 days after so I may be stuck with that one. It was sent well before it had to be there but of course they didn't put it in until after it was late.
Message 8 of 9
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

I have a $10K line of credit with them and the interest is just ridiculous.  Thank God it's paid off.  Just have to be careful and make sure that you really need what they are offering because if you are late, they are not quick to remove the lates.  I was not late but they charged me a late fee because of how they set up my account to pay the loan back.

Eve
I can and will be a part of the 700 club this year, because I can do all things through Christ.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.