Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC has cancel my Account PLS ADVICE!

tag
ELTON_ROSS
New Visitor

HSBC has cancel my Account PLS ADVICE!

Hello Folks,

I Opened an account at HSBC HK in the year 2010 (Private Account), and I return backed home, the bank gave me an OPT Card where I can draw and check my funds from this Account at any HSBC Branch in the World.

Suddenly I had a heart problem and I was in the hospital for 2 years, when I left the hospital and checked my OPT Card it was not working.

Went to the local branch, and they've told me that the Card has been cancel and that I have to pay some bank fees along and apply for a new card.

I have paid for the banking charges and they've given me a new OPT Card, however suddenly the new CARD is not working and they have blocked my funds, saying that this is a Suspicious Account and I see that this Account is a Virtual Account.

I have not committed any crime whatsoever in my country or any place abroad, and HSBC is demanding me to show them proof of the Wire Transfer which I did from A Bank to HSBC Bank.

The Questions is as follows:

- If I obtained the old Wire Transfer Copies, Will HSBC Bank be able to unblocked my account?

- If I goto my old bank even though the account has been closed, can they be able to provide the copies of the Old Wire Transfer?

- Do I have to get a Lawyer?

- Do I have to report to the Monetary Authority or News Agency?

- All of my savings are at that Bank, and they have totally ruined my life and I do not know why they are doing this me

Can someone be able to help me, what it will be the best solution.

Sincerely yours,

Elton Ross

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: HSBC has cancel my Account PLS ADVICE!

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I will admit, this one is new to me.

I would supply HSBC whatever you can to clear the matter.  Why do they think it is a fraudulent account?

Yes, your old bank should be able to supply you with the requested documents, closed or not.

As far as an attorney, if after supplying information HSBC won't budge, an attorney may be the next step.

I am unfamiliar with Monetary Authority or News Agency.

Your country laws will probably have impact on what needs to occur also.

Message 2 of 4
ELTON_ROSS
New Visitor

Thank you for your response.
Folks, if u have any advices would appreciated it.
Thank you n God Bless.
Message 3 of 4
mousefai
New Contributor

i had a similiar problem with you.

i used to have a hsbc premier in usa and i was working oversea.

I also asked to open a hsbc account overseas.

I sometime transfer like 4-7k each time, but i wont exceed transfering more then 30k per year.

then there is this one time, hsbc mail me and said they need to cancel my account without reasons. I checked online and noticed a lot of people had the same problem, especially if you living oversea and you transfer the money into hsbc usa account.

for me, i was ok for the cancellation and i just open another account with another bank. 

they still open my credit card tho

do u live oversea and keep transfering money (huge amount) to hsbc usa?

HSBC PREMIER WORLD MASTERCARD- 12000 LIMITS, PENFED- 2500 LIMITS, DISCOVER IT- 10000 LIMITS, CHASE FREEDOM- 3500 LIMITS, USAA MASTERCARD- 6500 LIMITS, CHASE SAPPHIRE- 7000 LIMITS, AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY- 8000 LIMITS, US BANKS VISA PLATINUM- 5000 LIMITS, BARCLAY REWARD- 1500 LIMITS, WELLS FARGO VISA SIGNATURE- 5000 LIMITS, NORSTORM VISA- 5000 LIMITS, SUNTRUST- 1500 LIMITS

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.