Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC reporting help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC reporting help

Hi,

First post.  Let me start by saying thank you to everyone for this invaluable site.  In less than a week from discovrering this great site I have increased my FICO by 17 points thanks to all of you.

My question is this.  I had an HSBC retail account for a furniture company years ago.  After several missed payments it was sent to a CA.  I have since paid the account in full. However, on my CR it lists as follows -

HSBC Retail Account

TransUnion
Acct - 4656********
Condition - Derogatory
Balance - $4147
Original Limit - $4000
Pay status - Collection/Chargeoff

Experian
Acct - 011*********
Condition - Closed Transferred
Balance - (0)
Pay Status - Late 180 days

EQ - Nothing

THEN under my Accounts in Collections it says -

"ABC Furniture Company"

TransUnion - Nothing

Experian
Acct - 412*********
Condition - Derogatory
Original Balance - $907
Balance - $1954
Date Opened - 10/2007

Equifax
Acct - 412*********
Condition - Derogatory
Original Balance - $907
Balance - $1954
Date Reported - 10/2007

So I know for a FACT the accounts are the same debt.  Again I have paid it off in full.  Can they legally

1. Re-up the date to 10/2007 when it was transferred?
2. Report the same debt twice?
3. What is with the TransUnion first account saying a balance of $4147?
4. How can I even proceed with this?

What is with all the different account numbers also?

Please any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC reporting help

Dispute these "inaccurate"

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at the reporting from the OC  HASB   you need to know the DOFD.....see if it says *will remain on CR until  month/year      that will be the date that it will drop off CR.

One OC   and one CA  can report up till the CRTP (7-7.5 years from DOFD)  paid or unpaid!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses.  I guess what I am asking is this:

Can they have it listed under two seperate reportings?

Why would they not update the TransUnion TL at all?

What do I dispute as innacurate? And whom to I dispute to?  I guess HSBC because of the TransUnion info and then the CA because of the innaccuracies?

What a mess

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

bumpity
Message 5 of 6
sh9730
Regular Contributor

If the original TL (HSBC) still OWNS the debt but has assigned it to a collection company both tradelines can be listed with balances.  BUT, if HSBC has SOLD the debt to a debt buyer, then they can still list the original TL, but it must show zero balance and only the CA can show the balance.

Now, in either case, both listings must show the correct DOFD as others have reported so they fall off at the same time. ( I actually have a CA that shows it will fall off BEFORE the original charge off so I m not complaining about that!)  BUT, unfortunately from a strictly scoring standpoint FICO does calculate the CA from the Date of Last Activity so it can be more recent looking than the actual debt.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.