Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUSBAND SUED--NOW WHAT?

tag
2anewu
Regular Contributor

HUSBAND SUED--NOW WHAT?

Hi, everyone. I just found out that my husband was sued by Midland Funding (was Household's). It was just done on the 27th but I am looking for advice on what to or not to do when contacting their attorney. Do I just wait for a letter or should I call someone? Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: HUSBAND SUED--NOW WHAT?

2anewu wrote:
Hi, everyone. I just found out that my husband was sued by Midland Funding (was Household's). It was just done on the 27th but I am looking for advice on what to or not to do when contacting their attorney. Do I just wait for a letter or should I call someone? Thanks.

He found out he is being sued or he found out he was sued?  Do not have him contact their attorney.  I would recommend finding a good lawyer who can at least give him a free 1/2 hr consult.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 7
2anewu
Regular Contributor

Well it is kind of weird b/c a BK attorney is the one that sent us the information about the lawsuit. After reviewing the letters again I think they are soliciting. I went online and looked at MO cases and it was filed on the 27th but no official letter has been sent. The bill was for a $3700 LOAN/INSURANCE FOR A HOUSE THAT HAS BEEN FILED IN A BK-----HIS MOM'S BK.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

what was filed on the 27th  the lawsuit or BK?  It makes a differents

When was BK filed   when was lawsuit filed??
Message 4 of 7
2anewu
Regular Contributor

The lawsuit was filed on the 27th but we received a letter telling us about it from a BK lawyer. We have no intentions on filing BK so I am not sure what that was about. However they are the reason that we know about the lawsuit so soon.

Message Edited by 2anewu on 10-02-2007 07:25 AM
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im sorry but I do not know much about BK.

But I don't understand what he has to do with any debt that was filed by his mom. Did he sign anything? on the house  like a joint owner?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did he make a loan to his mother?   Perhaps it's just a notice of her intent to file and he would be one of her "creditors" so to speak.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.