cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had a new collection pop up on my credit but successfully had 2 4 year old collections removed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a new collection pop up on my credit but successfully had 2 4 year old collections removed

OK gang here is the scenario.  Any day now 2 collections are getting to be deleted from my credit files.  They are from 2013.  I just received a notification that new medical collection has appeared on my credit file.  My question is will the 2 collections from 2013 being removed cancel out the new collection that just appeared?  Will it still be a net positive being that 2 are being deleted but one was just added?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Re: Had a new collection pop up on my credit but successfully had 2 4 year old collections removed

It's impossible to say for sure but remember that any new entry will have a greater impact on your credit and therefore your scoring than older marks. In this case, there is no question that new collection would carry more detrimental weight than a four year old collection but the 2 old for 1 new equation is hard to speculate.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.