Established Contributor

Had to Share (deaf ears)

I had to share...paid a judgment (three times the amount I owed the stinking acct) two years ago, for some reason the sutpid CA started reporting new info a year ago stating "closed in 7/2006" and their statement was "paid in settlement for less than full"

I've been sending new copies of the Satisfaction of Judgment" to the CRs requesting they use a calculator (not in that way) because I paid twice what they were asking (it was more like 3 & 1/2 times) so the account was paid in FULL, and in 11/05.

THe CA just sent another response saying it was paid in full...I decided to be brave & left a v-mail for the lady who signed the letter (she left me her number) and told her I was trying to get them to report accurate information - that I wanted the statement removed that appeared on my report and the accurate DATE reported...told her to give me a jingle if she had any questions, and told her I would check my report again to make sure they were reporting accurately since it's my right.

HA HA - may not make a difference, but some times it comes down to principle!
Established Contributor

Re: Had to Share (deaf ears)

Good for you! Make 'em give you your due!
" I like to live as a poor man, with a lot of money." - Pablo Picasso (who was a jerk.)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}