Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hall and Associates heard of them?

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Hall and Associates heard of them?

My mom received a letter from them saying that they are trying to basically collect a debt for Mirand

Response Systems. I  asked who owned the account and they said that they are working for

Mirand Response Systems who has requested not to be involved any longer. I told them that i needed

validation of this debt and they said that validation was sent when Mirand Response Systems sent a

notice in the mail which never happened nothing was ever received in the mail because i help

my mom watch for her mail. Oh another thing is that i asked them if they had Mirand Response

Systems contact information and they said once again that MRS requested not to give out their

information.

They talk like they were gonna take it to the next step and sue!

Can they try to collect a debt and then refuse to validate it by saying their Client has already validated by sending a notice in the mail?

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 03-26-2008 03:10 PM
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Hall and Associates heard of them?

Anyone out there in credit land have ANY advice as how to continue to deal with these guys.

Update: Mom called the bank (OC) and they said she actually owes less than that what HALL and ASSOCIATES were trying to collect for! They told her that she can just come to the bank and pay the balance and they would contact H and A to update them!

By the way this hasnt been sent into collections yet!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the bank isn't reporting   go pay them         IF they are reporting  get PFD in writting!!

Watch her CR  if the CA starts reporting  DV  CMRRR  
Message 3 of 6
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Yea no one is reporting right now! She is going to pay next week! I feel that H and A were trying to get over on somebody!

But can they collect a debt for someone else and then not validate it? 
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The bank must have turned the debt over to them....you have till the 30th day to answer the letter......send a DV the day that your mom pays the bank.  The CA should have nothing to report.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-27-2008 09:37 AM
Message 5 of 6
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Ok...Happy!   But thats where i am confused because the CA has not sent anything to her, only this Attorneys office! Who says the CA wants nothing to do with it anymore!

But ill do what you said, and she should pay in full correct?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.