tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Handling potential credit issues before they BECOME an issue

@ptilda wrote:

@digitaldiva wrote:

@ptilda wrote:

The manager emailed me back:

"You had requested to speak to someone higher on the situation. I have brought it to my boss and he has approved me waiving the fees. 

So your fees will show up in your account today or tomorrow. Have a nice day."

Social media works fast!

That's awesome!!  Glad you got your money back!  Just out of curiosity, are you still going to close your account with them?  Smiley Surprised

Yes, still closing that account. I don't need to worry about this again. I'm working on switching over to my CU

+10 Good move, exactly what I'd do.

Banks make a lot of money off "fees" that cost them very little - that is what was behind (1) swipe fee-regulations for debit cards, (2) over draft "opt-out" regulations for checking accounts and several other push backs against banking by the CFPB and Congress. Banks also keep track of how often they've "waived fees" no matter who is at fault, so the next time they hit you with over-draft fees it'll be more agreesive.

I read a recently published article on the 12 worst banks (et al) for fees - The original story is on the WSJ site which requires a sign on but here is a chart:

http://online.wsj.com/news/interactive/WALBANKS0512?ref=SB10001424052702304734304579515730198367754

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.