Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Inq. from WAMU Checking?

tag
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: Hard Inq. from WAMU Checking?

I opened an account with BOA both Checking and savings last year in Jan and there  was not Hard Inq. I opened these accounts with BOA online.

This past January I opened another checking & savings account in my name for my daughter at a local branch and there was no inq either. 

I did get an inq only when I applied for the WAMU MC which I got. Maybe it dep[ends on what state you live in. I'm in TX
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened a savings with ING Direct and about 6 months later decided to open one of their Electric Orange checking accounts. Got a soft inq on the savings got a hard inq on checking. I imagine that any account offering overdraft protection is going to give you a hard inq. The customer service rep did however mention this upfront. They explained that they pull the credit file to see how much overdraft protection you qualify for.
Message 12 of 15
Established Member

I opened a Free Checking with WaMu two months ago. Hard inquiry. They offer Overdraft lines of credit as well as an "Overdraft Limit" which you must call to have taken off otherwise they will allow overdrafts to a limit set by them (cause for the hard inquiry perhaps). It is a great account if you do all your banking online. However, their debit card is a mastercard and I have found that mastercard debit cards do not post transactions as quickly as visa. I use my debit card for most anything and you really must keep a lot of money in your account or keep good track of it because transactions will appear days later whereas BoA's free checking is almost instant as to posting merchants/amounts etc.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Takunda1 wrote:
I opened an account with BOA both Checking and savings last year in Jan and there  was not Hard Inq. I opened these accounts with BOA online.

This past January I opened another checking & savings account in my name for my daughter at a local branch and there was no inq either. 

I did get an inq only when I applied for the WAMU MC which I got. Maybe it dep[ends on what state you live in. I'm in TX

LOL!!! I opened an online checking and savings account with BOFA and got not one BUT 2 hard inqs.  I think a poster in another thread statedthe same.  The double hard was supposedly a mistake which they never managed to get taken care of.  MAybe they turned off the hards temporarily t prevent such things.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

No! I wanted to open a new checking account at a new bank and they said they would probably do a hard inq if I didn't say anything. They said it is up to the management. This is soooo not right. How can banks kill our credit scores for opening bank accounts. This is terrible. If I open 3 new bank accounts 30 days apart at different banks my FICO can possibly drop 30 points???? I will not stand for it! I won't open an account if they request a hard inq. I am "hand writing" on the new account app, No Hard Inq on credit report, if needed deny this app! So if they do, I can make them remove it. Smiley Sad I can't believe this is spreading. They should only be able to pull softies.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.