Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Inquiries on FROZEN EQ Report not debt collector

tag
SAIDFICOMUSTBEASCAMLOL
Valued Member

Hard Inquiries on FROZEN EQ Report not debt collector

I'm looking for advice. I placed a security FREEZE on my EQ report at the top of the month. I did it online THREE times because I got a confirmation number with no pin.

Naturally I prayed that it was not processed since I didn't get a pin. Two days later I got an email from a business lender telling me my report was frozen. It is now two weeks later, and I have five new inquiries on my credit report ( not from biz lender). Did I apply for five new things? Yes, I paid $5 to unfreeze my TU report. My Experian and Equifax reports should have been restricted. 

What the heck gives? In defense of my argument, I have timestamped confirmation pages.

What should I do? In my opinion, all the inquiries between the 6th and today should be removed. I did not authorize access to Equifax my credit report. It's not like it was a current lender or debt collector viewing my report. These inquiries were for new credit. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hard Inquiries on FROZEN EQ Report not debt collector

These were hard inquiries (vs. softs)?

Message 2 of 4
SAIDFICOMUSTBEASCAMLOL
Valued Member

@llecs wrote:

These were hard inquiries (vs. softs)?

Hi. Thanks for getting back. They were all hard inquiries for new apps. 

Message 3 of 4
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Hmm my mom had a freeze on her EQ report but yet this company that sees if you qualify for help with student loans managed to obtain a CR which ended up in a HP.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.