Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Inquiries vary by Credit Bureau

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard Inquiries vary by Credit Bureau

I was checking my credit scores via credit karma and discover and american express statements and noticed that my Equifax score had 2 hard inquiries while transunion and experian had 0. I am looking to buy a home and apply for a mortgage in the upcoming months and have been putting off getting a new cell phone plan to avoid hard inquiires. 

Does this mean if I can find a carrier who pulls transunion or Experian, my score will not be effected because the highest total inquiry on Equifax is 2 with transunion/experian with 1, or does the extra inquiry count as 3 total hard inquiries across all accounts when the mortgage lender pulls my real FICO score?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hard Inquiries vary by Credit Bureau

Inquiries land on just the bureau your report is pulled from.  If you are planning on applying for a mortgage, it is not advised that you take on any inquiries leading up to that mortgage application.  Lenders will pull all 3 of your scores for a mortgage, so they'll see any inquiries you have on any bureau, unlike a credit card which may only pull 1 bureau for example.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hard Inquiries vary by Credit Bureau

On the phone thing, there are 'plans' now that are month to month, there will be no credit check.

I personally dumped my expensive contracted plan when my contract was over and pay a monthly plan through AT&T. Its $60. Was called GoPhone but now its Prepaid. I have it set on auto pay. I set it all up on the net and never stepped foot in AT&T. Just added the sim card to my open iPhone.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.