Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard Inquiries

I have 4 hard inquiries on my TU credit report from collection agencies! Im Irate Smiley Mad
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RUSTY101
Regular Contributor

Re: Hard Inquiries

I may be wrong, so anybody jump in. I had this same thing happen, so I wrote cra and told them I did not apply for credit with these people and they deleted. You could try that
Message 2 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

RUSTY101 wrote:
I may be wrong, so anybody jump in. I had this same thing happen, so I wrote cra and told them I did not apply for credit with these people and they deleted. You could try that

You are right! Good Advice too!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is also against the law for them to do this. I sent letters found here, telling the companys so.
Message 4 of 8
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

@fused wrote:

@RUSTY101 wrote:

You are right! Good Advice too!

I thought that transaction related credit that goes to collection give CA the PP to pull CR. I am confused. I will appreciate some explanation, when does a CA have the right to pull a CR?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAs never have PP to pull hard ings!!!!
Message 6 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Is the confusion here coming here from the belief that a CA has the right to do a soft, as an account maintenance type of thing, but not a hard, because the borrower has not requested credit?

But if I understand the September ruling correctly, they now don't have PP for either. I've seen this posted before, but dwarfess has it on another current thread:
Check out Pintos v Pacific Creditors Association, Ninth Circuit Court, Case # 04-17558, filed September 21, 2007.

See Page 10 [6]
I don't have a link, though, sorry.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 8
miskiss
New Contributor

Does anyone have a generic formatted letter for disputing hard inquiries from CAs?  I have several on my CR also.

Thanks!

mis
11/2/2019: EQ 699, TU 649, EX 652. 6/15/2019: EQ 682, TU 621, EX 630 "The journey of a million miles begins with a single step"
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.