Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard Pull

I had some sort of Collection Agency do a Hard Pull on my credit last week.  I honestly don't know what it could be about and I haven't received anything in the mail...also nothing is showing up on my TrueCredit report?  Can I ask for this to be removed since I never authorized them to pull my report? 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hard Pull

I'm currently entangled in a suit with Transunion about this type of issues, so my advise could be a little skewed here.

You can't ask the CRAs to remove inquiries, as the CRA are required by law to show inquiries TO PROTECT the consumer. Now, the law never bother clarifying the difference between soft and hard inquiries, and Transunion, on purpose, treats all COLLECTOR inquiries as visible inquiries, while the other two CRAs normally treat them mostly (not always) as soft inquiries.

What you are entitled to under the law, is to ASK the CRA to INVESTIGATE the permissibility of the inquiry and provide you with results. If they fail to investigate, or give you the usual response "you permissibility is not necessary" - I PERSONALLY BELIEVE you can sue TU for failure to investigate a complaint.

It helps to notify the CA placing the inquiry of the impermissibility of their inquiry and complain with the regulatory agencies.

If you have not received a dunning letter from the CA within 5 days from the inquiry being placed on your credit report, you could also notify the CA of violation of the FDCPA.

It would also help for a future lawsuit, to send a DV letter to the CA within 30 days from the appearance of the inquiry.

Message 2 of 3
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: Hard Pull

If you dont see anything on your CR, perhaps its an old utility, cable, phone, internet,  medical, or a particular membership services kind of bill? You can always call the CA and find out why you have an inquiry, but I'm not sure if you want to do that.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.