Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard pull without permission?

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Hard pull without permission?

If a consumer initiates a request for credit, they have no basis to deny the creditor the right to act upon their permissible purpose.

A consumer initiatiate request for credit is always entitled to be coded as a hard pull. 

You may have a bad business practice complaint before the BBB, but not basis for complaint under the FCRA.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hard pull without permission?

Its so sad that these companies can just do whatever they want. The reason why they do this is because they know even if you file a complain with the CFPB there is very little recourse you have EXCEPT for a lawsuit. 

Of course that is a last resort measure but leave it as a option. Under the FCRA you can sue them for $1000 PER offence they commit. In your case they only did one so the total you could get is $1000. 

You habe proof to that they did it without a Permissable Purpose. I would ASAP escalate this to there corporate worldwide headquarters and if they do not budge then send them a certified mail/Return Receipt ITS letter or "Intent to Sue" and then sue them in smalls claims court. YOU will win because they had no right to do this. Not only will they have to pay you $1000 you will also get it removed PLUS embarras them in the public eye. 

I have won 3 FCRA lawsuits 5 years ago. If you need any tips or advice let me know. You can't let these people play games with you or more importantly your credit. Because trust me they will. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.