cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harvard collection has not responded to DV.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Harvard collection has not responded to DV.

I has sent a DV to Harvard CA. It has been over 30 days and they have not responded This was sent via CMRRR. I sent a letter to the CB and they responded that they have validated the debt. I spoke to Sprint they said the  debt was since 1999, however Harvard is reporting it as a 2003 debt. In the mean time I have never received a statement nor anything from Harvard but they went and put this information on my CR. Do I have a right as a consumer. Based on the information reveived from Sprint the SOL has passed.  I have paid every creditor that I owe and my only debt I have now is my car note. I refuse to pay this one although it is only $113.00.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Harvard collection has not responded to DV.

Get  Sprint will to send you paperwork (call & ask them).  Send an ITS to Harvard combined with a reaging complaint. (give me a few minutes to gen one)

Are you sure you are looking at DOLA/DOFD and not the 'open' date for the acocunt?

Send a copy of that along with a letter to CRA and file complaints with state AGs and FTC.

I gen'd this real quick --- let others tweak it, please....

Company
Address 1
Address 2
City, State Zip

Date

RE: Account XXXXX-XXXX-XXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam:

I'm sure you know, under FDCPA Section 809 (b), you are not allowed to pursue collection activity until the debt is validated. You should be made aware that in TWYLA BOATLEY, Plaintiff, vs. DIEM CORPORATION, No. CIV 03-0762 UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF ARIZONA, 2004, the courts ruled that reporting a collection account indeed is considered collection activity.

As of ( DATE that THEY received your letter) You have refused to validate this debt.Therfore you are in violation of FDCPA.  While I prefer not to litigate, I will use the courts as needed to enforce my rights under the FDCPA.  I look forward to an uneventful resolution of this matter, as this debt has intentionally been re-aged by your company and subject Harvard Collection to both civil penalties and also possible criminal charges for fraud and extortion.  I have contacted Sprint and have in my possession copies oftheir records for this account.

As you are already in violation due to the re-aging and also the reporting of this account when you have not validated the debt, I expect all reference to this account be deleted from my credit reports within 3 business days of your receipt of this letter; any update of this account with any credit bureau will be considered a subsequent violation. 

If you fail to remove the account and I am forced to litigate, I will seek maximum penalties and also punitive and compensatory damages for the actions of your company.

Thank You,

TYPE YOUR NAME.....DO NOT SIGN

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 02-28-2008 11:27 AM
Message 2 of 4
octavia
Regular Contributor

Gagirl,

I had Harvard Collection on my CRs.  They were the only CA on my CRs.  I DVed them in mid-Nov. and waited.  It had passed the 30 day validation period; it was maybe day 36 when I checked my CRs and it was gone.  It had passed the SOL here in Illinois (5 yrs from DOFD). 

Octavia.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been 7 weeks since I sent mine. I have gotten an attorney involved, and am also sending a demand letter to the CRA's with proof that Harvard got my letter. they are dong this EXACT same thing to a lot of people.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.