cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Chase Stopped Offering Balance Transfers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has Chase Stopped Offering Balance Transfers?

My husband just paid off his Chase balance of $28K. He now wants to transfer his B of A balance to the Chase card and was told they don't have any balance transfer offers. He had been receiving the checks in the mail pretty much every month. The customer service rep told him they stopped BT offers last month. He's had no missed payments and a 780 credit score. Anyone else having this issue with Chase?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has Chase Stopped Offering Balance Transfers?

@Anonymous wrote:
My husband just paid off his Chase balance of $28K. He now wants to transfer his B of A balance to the Chase card and was told they don't have any balance transfer offers. He had been receiving the checks in the mail pretty much every month. The customer service rep told him they stopped BT offers last month. He's had no missed payments and a 780 credit score. Anyone else having this issue with Chase?

What Chase card are you talking about? I have 4 Chase cards and the only one that will allow me to transfer a balance to is my Freedom card.  The others; CSP, Ritz and British Airways say that no offers are available right now and I cant do a balance transfer to those cards.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure it's Freedom. He's used it for BT in the past, which is why this makes no sense.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's Freedom. He's used it for BT in the past, which is why this makes no sense.

Yeah, don't know what could be causing his to show no offers.  Might have him call another CSR and find out why.  Maybe he ran out of his promotional time period APR for BTs transfer.  He could always apply for the Slate or even another BT card out there.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you are correct that the promotional time period ran out. He's so used to getting offers left and right, didn't think the gravy train was going to end. We are about to refi so he can't apply for another card right now Smiley Sad Thanks for your help!
Message 5 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Anyone else having this issue with Chase?

Not an issue.  They're not offered to everyone at all times.  I'm still getting offers on 2 of my 4 Chase cards but have not always received offers on those 2.  For a while I was receiving offers on a 3rd Chase card.  I have never received offers on the 4tth.

@Anonymous wrote:

Only if you assume that they're always available.  I have no idea what sort of criteria they use but these are targeted offers.

Message 6 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Their website advertises BTs

https://www.chase.com/credit-cards/balance-transfers?jp_aid_a=62899440&jp_aid_p=col_uk_home/trip1

WELCOME TO CHASE
BALANCE TRANSFER CENTER

Credit Cards

Take advantage of a great low rate on balance transfers. Pay off higher-rate credit cards or consolidate your balances to make managing payments easier.

Transfer a credit card balance today! It’s easy for Chase cardmembers:
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 9
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

I have been having balance transfer check every month. I received two Bt offers for my freedom and united. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

Tell him to apply for the Citi Diamond Preferred card. It has 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 21 months!

Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.