cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody been successful with a PFD to Midland?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anybody been successful with a PFD to Midland?

I'm considering sending Midland a PFD, but was wondering if anybody has had any luck doing that with them. Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anybody been successful with a PFD to Midland?

IMO you should always send a DV before thinking about a PFD.  Know what your SOL is also
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

upmyscore2008 wrote:
I'm considering sending Midland a PFD, but was wondering if anybody has had any luck doing that with them. Thanks.

Nope, but sent them a DV last month....time up on Saturday.......let me know how it turns out, if they vaidate I'll be sending them one.........oh ya, they can't vaildate an account that isn't mine, Southwestern Bell doesn't even serve the area I lived in at the time of service for that account.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should you always send a DV before sending a PFD even if you know the debt is yours and are willing to pay?

Message Edited by Puterguru on 03-13-2008 05:51 AM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Puterguru wrote:
Should you always send a DV before sending a PFD even if you know the debt is yours and are willing to pay?

Message Edited by Puterguru on 03-13-2008 05:51 AM

Some say yes just for the simple fact of making them prove they have the right to collect the debt.

I had a debt only being showed by 1 CA. It was small and I started to PFD. Then decided I would DV because looking at one of the dates I really wasn't sure if the debt was mine or connected to the other phone bills on my CR.

I'm glad I DV'd b/c I got a letter back saying they don't have the account anymore and deleted it from my CR.

I think some CA's would have accepted the money knowing the account wasn't theres.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.