cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever delt with Arrow Financial?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone ever delt with Arrow Financial?

I've heard some bad things about them.  They are currently refusing to validate a debt on my husband's CR, saying that it is outside of the validation period.  This collection is now the only thing standing in the way of our mortgage loan, according to our lender!  It is imperative that I get it taken care of as quickly as possible as we need to close by the end of October.  We sent them a CMRRR demanding validation on Tuesday, I'm just anxious to see what will come of it.  At the same time, we are disputing it with Ex, and I still need to send in the dispute letters to TU and EQ.  I'm just wondering if anyone has had any luck with them deleting things when faced with a demand for validation?  We have never received from them any sort of letter or phone call or any other form of contact.  We discovered this collection when we started trying to finance a home.  She told me that they have mailed letters to my husband's old address, which he moved away from 6 years ago, and then on Monday she says they mailed the letter refusing to validate to our currant address.  I'm sure our current address has been on the credit report, since we bought a car in 2003.  I see no reason that we shouldn't have received their letter at the correct address.  I honestly don't even believe they sent any!  Anyway, if anyone has a success story in dealing with Arrow, I'd love to hear it!
Jennifer
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone ever delt with Arrow Financial?

I'd like to hear the answer as well. My BF's exGF got a fraudulent CC in his name and I just DV'd them CMRRR hoping to get proof of this. She had the bills sent to her parent's house in another city so once I confirm that that's where the bills and collection letters were sent then hopefully that will be it. I'm curious dj, did you state in your DV that you recently checked your CR and found this account, or did you just say "you state that I owe you a debt, blah blah"? some people that post here think that not being contacted by mail and then finding a baddie on the CR may start the 30-day clock. just a thought if they come back again and say that you're past the validation period.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

We just discovered it when we started the loan process.  I called them about 10 days ago and said that "you have this account listed on my husband's cr, what is it for and can I get validation?"  She came back with "you need to mail or fax a request for DV," so we faxed it.  Never heard back, so I called to get the status, and she told me then that they had just mailed us a letter explaining that we are outside of the 30 days.  This has all happened within the last 2 weeks.  Never any communication from the prior to this.  There is no way we are outside of the 30 days.  Ours is a fruadulent cc debt, as well.  Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing where the person is (my husband's ex roommate) and we discovered it way too late to file charges.  So we are really depending on the DV to clear it.  Its 5300, and paying it while we are trying to buy a house is just out of the question. 
Jennifer
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They MUST validate with in 30 days  DO NOT talk to them on the phone. IF they do not validate they can NOT report or be in violation........The FTC has gone after them in the past.

Do you know who the OC is and what the DOFD would be?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are saying that it was opened in 2000 and CO in 2001, I think, with Dag Financial, who apparently got it from Providian.  So, based on the CO date, it would be coming off next year anyway, but its still preventing us from obtaining a mortgage loan.  I did call an attorney here in SoCal who won a client 100k earlier this year from Arrow, and from what I read, that case is almost identical to ours.  Unfortunately they want a $2500 fee, and if I had that, I might as well attempt to settle with Arrow!  But maybe something good will happen. 
Jennifer
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

djactenaz wrote:
They are saying that it was opened in 2000 and CO in 2001, I think, with Dag Financial, who apparently got it from Providian.  So, based on the CO date, it would be coming off next year anyway, but its still preventing us from obtaining a mortgage loan.  I did call an attorney here in SoCal who won a client 100k earlier this year from Arrow, and from what I read, that case is almost identical to ours.  Unfortunately they want a $2500 fee, and if I had that, I might as well attempt to settle with Arrow!  But maybe something good will happen. 
Jennifer

going by CO date  it will drop in 2008 BUT  you must have the DOFD   it is shown on your TU and EX CR. 

What is your SOL?

IF you are in Cal.  SOL is past  BUT CRTP is not

Keep in mind that if you lived in differant state when you took out CC or loan  they can go by other states SOL

If not past SOL  they can sue!

IF past SOL  DV them   CMRRR

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-20-2007 02:32 PM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.