Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever had this happen.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone ever had this happen.

During the dispute process I received this message. Has anyone ever seen/had this happen. 

We have discovered that your request requires additional manual processing. As a result, online delivery of your dispute resolution is unavailable at this time.
You will receive a mail soon with further instructions.To learn more, visit our Help page.
To close the browser window, click Close.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone ever had this happen.

I had this issue with Amex onetime. Apparently their reasoning was that since I did not sign for the purchase (under X Dollars) a diffent dispute process needs to be handled and can only be done over the phone.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever had this happen.

The CRAs use their electronic system, called e-Oscar, to forward to furnishers a copy of your dispute, and to receive their results of their investigation, in well over 90% of disputes.  The only manual involvement is the clerical entry of the dispute for forwarding to the furnisher, and the review of their response.

In the event they see need for additional manual review, it can involve more time.

However, they are required, under FCRA 611, to conclude their reinvestigation within (normally) 30 days of receipt of your dispute, so they cannot use that as basis for extending the time for conclusion of your dispute.  They must conclude their reinvestigation within 30 days, and send your Notice of Results of Reinvestigation within 5 days thereafter.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.