cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever received a call from a CA in regaurds to AOL?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone ever received a call from a CA in regaurds to AOL?

I took a call from a CA (allied int. or something like that) today. They didn't speak very good english. They ask to speak to Joe Blow (my son) or his wife.  I just said im his wife and told them that I didn't know what they were talking about!!!  I said that we never had a PC so what would we want with AOL.

Now we did have AOL  but cancelled it....which they never did. At the same time we had trouble with fraud charges on our CC....the CCC closed account & opened another. So AOL never got paid.

My question   hoe could they get a SS #........We had AOL back in 1999 till last year so SOL is far from past.

I think that I opened the account BUT (1999 please I suffer from CRS) I would have given my SS# if asked  BUT  I know the CC used was in my sons name....I also know that the CC was changed at some point and the phone # is in my name not his.

I do have 1 bill from AOL wanting $95  which I would have paid if I had an address to mail it to. In the letter they just want another CC # to bill.......no way!

Does anyone have an address for them???????
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever received a call from a CA in regaurds to AOL?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you!
Message 3 of 4
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

AOL is known for their billing problems. Oftentimes people cancel their accts, and AOL's automatic charges keep going through. Google it for more information.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.