cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever tried having a personal card but adding your BIZ as AU to build Biz Credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone ever tried having a personal card but adding your BIZ as AU to build Biz Credit?

I have recently opened 2 personal cards with CITI and Bank of America but plan to use them as BIZ cards. My business is new so I do not have any business credit. I decided to put my company on my personal card account as AU. Citibank added the name and sent me the card already. But Citi did not ask for a social for the AU so I was wondering will this report? I applied for AU with BoA and they asked for social and address for the AU and I put my company name with the FEIN as the social, so I am hoping this will report and build some business credit history until the whole AU reporting is stopped. I was wondering if anyone had ever tried this and had it to work? Also when the receipts print out from the CC's will it have my personal name so that it will be no problem if I have to show ID.  I do not plan to mix my personal with business but I had to start somewhere because I just became incorporated in 12/08. I will only use the cards for business purposes but it will also build my personal credit because at the moment I only have 1 credit card. For business I applied for Chase, Cap One, and and Citibank Biz cards, and I was denied. I got approved for a Staples and Shell account, but still had to PG the account. Please let me know if anyone thinks this will work any comments are helpful. Thanks.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Has anyone ever tried having a personal card but adding your BIZ as AU to build Biz Credit?

Locked this thread to avoid multiple posts of the same question and to direct responses to your other post over in Credit Cards:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=151611#M151611
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.