cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever used Lexington Law

tag
mazda390

Has anyone ever used Lexington Law

I just wanted to know if anyone ever used Lexington law to help clear up credit problems they have on their report.

Such as paid items that creditors are giving a hard time removing.

Any suggestion on if Lexington Law is worth getting in these instances, cause I'm tired of writing to the creditors and credit agencies.

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Has anyone ever used Lexington Law

There have been posters in the past who have commented that they are a ripoff. I tend to agree. Basically you are paying hundreds of dollars to do what you are already doing right now. Also read of other posters saying that their credit report was harmed during the process.
Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

There have been posters in the past who have commented that they are a ripoff. I tend to agree. Basically you are paying hundreds of dollars to do what you are already doing right now. Also read of other posters saying that their credit report was harmed during the process.
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want to pay someone for the priviledge of checking off everything to be disputed than they are the way to go. Sleeping Tigers guaranteed to be awakened

Message Edited by reots on 03-10-2009 05:36 AM
Message 3 of 23
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Mazda,

I will chime in and agree with eveyone else.  These places are a ripoff and usually end up hurting more than they are helping.  Most of the things you can do on your own, only you aren't paying a fee for someone to do it. 

Message 4 of 23
tinkytoo
Regular Contributor

Hi to the original poster

I started with lexington law in jan paid 99.00 start up fee and have the 59.00 monthly plan. since jan nothing i mena nothing has come off my credit rep[ort. I cancelled with them I had better success doing it on my own. i like you was tired of sending letters and things being updated although I knew some of the things weren't correct.they kept sending me emails on what they were doing as far as disputes/ challages etc. but for three months I received notta. they say wait 60 days then i should have started seeing some progree but I didn't none of the credit bureaus responded to anthing which make me think that they didn't send them letters because when I was doing it my self i received letters back from them within aleast 45 days... So please learn from my mistake and ''DON"T DO IT''

Message 5 of 23
akaniks
Established Member

I wasted some time and money with them a few years ago... Paid them the upfront fees and nothing happened. I cancelled but they wouldn't refund any money I paid to them. 

I was able to do everything on my own and learned a lot in the process.  

Message 6 of 23
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

No legitimate company will charge you up front or monthly fees for credit repair, because it is illegal to do so.  Read through the FTC's page on credit repair for more info on spotting a scam.

FTC's Page on Credit Repair

Message 7 of 23
MattH
Senior Contributor

@JoeBJay20 wrote:

No legitimate company will charge you up front or monthly fees for credit repair, because it is illegal to do so.  Read through the FTC's page on credit repair for more info on spotting a scam.

FTC's Page on Credit Repair

Lexington Law lost a court case in South Carolina over that State's law requiring credit counseling companies to be licensed to do business there.  The SC law has an exemption for lawyers doing credit-repair as part of their practice of the law, and Lexington Law claimed they did not come under the licensing requirement because they are a "law firm."  The Court basically said, well you are not members of the SC bar (whether or not you are members of the bar somewhere else has no bearing on SC law) so you may not practice the law in SC.  For your credit repair activities you must be licensed in our State either as a credit counseling outfit or as a law firm, take your pick but until you get one or the other license go away.

Ruling

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 8 of 23
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

My personal opinion is that I would come on this site for advice before I would ever seek that of any credit repair organization.  However, this approach is not for the lazy, for it does require a little work on your part.

But what you come out of it with is good, objective advice, while at the same time learning a whole lot on your own about how credit reporting works.  That knowledge  is invaluable in avoiding making mistakes in the future.

No credit repair company will give you the tools you need to handle your future credit.

Message 9 of 23
edot1999

I used Lexington Law over the years and they removed every single negative item from my credit. It took about 6-7 months. From what I see most people here lack patience. When I say every negative item, I mean every single negative item and my credit ended up int he mid 700's. I then purchased a home with a great interest rate shortly after. Just my two cents. 

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.