cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone gottten a 700 or higher even with a BK still on their report.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone gottten a 700 or higher even with a BK still on their report.

I am curious.  Please share your story.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone gottten a 700 or higher even with a BK still on their report.

I do, but not for long when my new card reports...lol!  Just patience and hanging around a lot of places like this.  Start trying to rebuild as quickly as possible and make sure your reports are accurate.  Meaning everything that should be IIB is.

704 TU was 709

Message Edited by Brammy on 09-05-2007 12:07 PM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed CH7 BK in Oct 2005 and currently have the following....

EQ 687 - 8 Derog accts (all "BK" status), no lates, no coll
EX 708 - 8 Derog accts (4 "BK/CO" & 4 "BK" status), 89 lates, no coll
TU 698 - 8 Derog accts (all "BK/Unrated" status), no lates, no coll

Oldest acct is 15 years, 10 years average acct age.

In my case, it comes down to I had 'good' credit before the BK. I don't know exactly what the scores were pre-BK, but there were no lates with 'paid as agreed' CCs, car loan and mortgage.

Why EX is my highest with 89 lates vs. no lates at EQ and TU, I have no idea. Each CRA has either 14 or 15 "paid as agreed" accts from before the BK was filed.

I'm still working on the CO's and lates at EX by contacting the OCs. BofA says they are not reporting any lates or the CO on one acct that EX has as "BK/CO" status with 23 lates. EX keeps verifying upon dispute. I called BofA three weeks ago and asked for a letter stating what they are reporting so I can send to EX with dispute, they promised to send letter and it never came. Time to call again....
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:
I do, but not for long when my new card reports...lol!  Just patience and hanging around a lot of places like this.  Start trying to rebuild as quickly as possible and make sure your reports are accurate.  Meaning everything that should be IIB is.

704 TU was 709

Message Edited by Brammy on 09-05-2007 12:07 PM

Brammy, when did your BK discharge.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you been able to obtain any credit from any bank that has pulled your experian fico since your bk?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok my BK discharged in March 2001 and my scores were BAD!!!!  OP you are in AMEX territory compared to where I started. Medical collections all over the place. I took a long time to try and reestablish credit because I didn't have a wonderful place like this to tell me that would be the best thing.  I got my first card in 2003.  I have gotten credit from places that pull every bureau in the book and my BK is still there.

Right now I'm taking a score hit trying to do my last credit shuffle for better rate.  In four years I went from zilch, nada in credit to, as of yesterday a little over 30K in avail.  It takes a little time, patience and hard work

Message Edited by Brammy on 09-05-2007 08:51 PM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.