cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had experience with LAFAYETTE BUREAU OF CREDIT?

tag
divasheart

Has anyone had experience with LAFAYETTE BUREAU OF CREDIT?

Has anyone had experience with LAFAYETTE BUREAU OF CREDIT? They have suck some small collection on my credit and my score dropped. I called to see if they would take the full amount in exchange for deleting it. They said they don't do that. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone had experience with LAFAYETTE BUREAU OF CREDIT?

I would start by disputing it to each CRA that is reporting it. At the same time send a DV request CMRRR to them for each collection on your reports. See if it falls off after your dispute.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

divasheart wrote:
Has anyone had experience with LAFAYETTE BUREAU OF CREDIT? They have suck some small collection on my credit and my score dropped. I called to see if they would take the full amount in exchange for deleting it. They said they don't do that. Any suggestions?

what is you SOL?  you need to know it before going after CA. Some will sue you.

First dispute with CRAs  same time send a DV letter CMRRR

Make corrections where needed and add state name in blanks (2)

August 26, 2007

Jones Collection Agency
222 1st Street
Noplace, FL33333

Re:      Account #:                   5555555
            Original Creditor:         Smith & Smith Corp
Dear Sir or Madam:
This letter hereby notifies you that the validity of this debt is in dispute. In an attempt to validate this debt, I am requesting evidence of this debt, specifically the alleged contract or other instrument bearing my signature, as well as proof of your authority in this matter. Absent such substantiation, under federal and state law you must correct any erroneous reporting to any and all credit reporting agencies
In accordance with Section 809 of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act and corresponding case law, please provide me, in writing, the following information:
  1. A copy of the alleged original contract or other instrument bearing my signature
  2. Complete account history, including, all statements, records of all activity, payments, collection attempts, and any charges added for collection activity; In short, any and all documentation pertaining to this account
  3. Evidence of your authorization under 15 USC 1692(e) and 15 USC 1692(f) in this alleged matter
  4. Evidence that your company is registered as a consumer collection agency in the State Of ______________
Additionally, until full validation is provided, all representatives of your company, or any affiliated company, must immediately cease & desist all attempts to collect the aforementioned debt. Failure of your company to comply with this request will be a violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and will directly result in a complaint filed with the Federal Trade Commission and the State Of ___________ Attorney General's office. Please be advised, should this request be violated, I will pursue all criminal and civil claims, including any and all punitive damages, allowable by federal and state law against your company.
Failure to respond, in writing, and in a timely manner, will serve as a waiver to any and all of your claims in this matter and that this matter is permanently closed. Please provide the requested information or correct your records and immediately request the removal of this invalid debt from all sources to which you may have reported.

For the purposes of 15 USC 1692 et seq., this Notice has the same effect as a dispute to the validity of the alleged debt and a dispute to the validity of your claims. This Notice is an attempt to correct your records, and any information received from you will be retained should further action become necessary. This is a request for information only, and is not a statement, election, or waiver of status.
I look forward to your timely response.
Best regards,
DO NOT SIGN------JUST TYPE YOUR NAME
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy the OP seems ready to pay the debt so I wouldn't really worry about being sued.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok sorry....trying to cook & pack a few things...guess I didn't read enough.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
ok sorry....trying to cook & pack a few things...guess I didn't read enough.

No need to be sorry Happy it's sound advice 99% of the time Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
divasheart

The collection is something that I owe, so can I still send this letter? I really want to pay it and take care of it, but it seems unfair that it stick on my report for 7 years. It dropped my credit score. If I ask to have it removed from equifax, even though it is  money i really owe ($89.00 to be exact), is it even worth it. Paying it will not help my score, right?? Not paying it does the same thing. Will that letter help or hurt me more? If the company does not respond, in doing that they are confirming that they don't have a right to collect or report it to the CRA's? How does that letter help? I just want to be sure I am not shooting myself in the foot and the $89.00 I owe turns into $89.00 and fees because I pissed them off. Thanks for your help. I am new at this.....so I appreicate the help I get on here.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is the DOFD on all these collections?  If paid without a PFD  it will be updated as paid & could lower your scores again. It will remain on your CR!

by disputing they must answer CRA within 30-45 days......by sending a DV  they MUST prove that they have a right to be paid and that they have all your account info. IF they do not validate within 30 days they must delete

Is the OC reporting?

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-21-2007 12:32 PM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.