cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had success removing 30 day late payment with GW with....

tag
Madison
Regular Contributor

Has anyone had success removing 30 day late payment with GW with....

Chase CC, GE Capital and Bank of America CC.....When asking them if they would remove one 30 day late payment, they give me this song and dance story that they can't because of Federal Regulation or they have to report information accurately.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone had success removing 30 day late payment with GW with....

We have good luck with Chase. The deal was that my husband was ill and had 6 30's on his report. I got a letter from his doctor and included it with my GW letter. Chase took off 4 30's and but left 2 of them (beggars cant be choosy) and and BOA took off all 4 of their 30's. Not sure if the doctor letter helped or not but they I think it probably did. Also, when we sent the GW letter, my husband had not been late in 8 months so that probably helped too. Last, out of 37 payments, he only had those late during his illness, sure that helped as well. Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
jackg
Established Contributor

Re: Has anyone had success removing 30 day late payment with GW with....

I had success about 6 monts ago with an installment account. It was an auto lease through GMAC. I had one 30 day late and wrote them a letter, pointing out my payment history since then and that I had opened two more accounts with them since then.

They never responded back to my letter but, as I kept my CR's on TC the tradeline dropped off in about 4 weeks.

Good Luck
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.