Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone heard of "Exchange Service Center?"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone heard of "Exchange Service Center?"

DH got an auto loan earlier this month through Chrysler and today received an AA from Ally, since they apparently were shopping loans for him.  At any rate, they listed his EQ score, which doesn't appear to be a FICO, and then after that one it says, " We also obtained your credit score from Exchange Service center."  It gave the score and key factors that affected it.  I have NEVER heard of this place.  We have freezes on EX, EQ, TU, SAGESTREAM, ARS, and CHEXSYSTEMS. 

Can anyone fill me in on this place? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone heard of "Exchange Service Center?"

@Anonymous wrote:

DH got an auto loan earlier this month through Chrysler and today received an AA from Ally, since they apparently were shopping loans for him.  At any rate, they listed his EQ score, which doesn't appear to be a FICO, and then after that one it says, " We also obtained your credit score from Exchange Service center."  It gave the score and key factors that affected it.  I have NEVER heard of this place.  We have freezes on EX, EQ, TU, SAGESTREAM, ARS, and CHEXSYSTEMS. 

That's NCTUE.

A bit unusual to pull them for an auto loan, though - did DH have a thin or empty file at the big three?

NCTUE is a speciality CRA - they mostly do telephone company, TV, and utility company data.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 2 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Already answered above but:

First Google hit on "Exchange Service Center":

https://www.exchangeservicecenter.com/Freeze/jsp/SFF_PersonalIDInfo.jsp

At the top right of that page:

NCTUE Exchange

@Anonymous wrote:

At any rate, they listed his EQ score, which doesn't appear to be a FICO

What makes you say it doesn't appear to be a FICO?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iv wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's NCTUE.

A bit unusual to pull them for an auto loan, though - did DH have a thin or empty file at the big three?

NCTUE is a speciality CRA - they mostly do telephone company, TV, and utility company data.

Saw that. I looked it up before posting. I couldn't find this place anywhere on the forum and was only trying to see if anyone had information about them and what their purpose is.

Message 4 of 8
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@iv wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's NCTUE.

Saw that. I looked it up before posting. I couldn't find this place anywhere on the forum and was only trying to see if anyone had information about them and what their purpose is.

According to the CFPB list:

National Consumer Telecom & Utilities Exchange

Collects information on new connect requests, account and payment histories, defaults, and fraudulent accounts associated with telecommunications, pay TV, and utility (electric, gas, water) services.

Website

NCTUE.com

Phone

866-343-2821

Address

NCTUE Disclosure Report P.O. Box 105161 Atlanta, GA 30348

Free report:

The company will provide one free report every 12 months if you request it.

It's still odd for NCTUE to get pulled for an auto loan, though.  The only thing that makes sense there is if he had a very thin or missing file at the big three, and NCTUE was pulled as "alternative" credit.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange indeed. ;-)
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a letter from Ally saying that they pulled a Exchange Service Center report as well. I too was buying a car. I didn't ask for them to pull this, they just did it. In fact, I already knew who I wanted a loan through and told them as much. Went in with the approval letter and everything. I plan on asking why they did that and who told them they could. As I said, I just received it and went online to find out who they are, which is what brought me to this site.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting, found this:

"-The National Consumer Telecom & Utilities Exchange, Inc. (NCTUE) is a member-owned database through which its member companies exchange source-anonymous information on new connect requests, payment history, and historical account status and/or fraudulent telecommunications/utility, or pay TV accounts.  The Exchange limits the use of the database to these type applications, specifically prohibiting accessing it for other purposes including marketing.  Membership is available to the nation’s leading cable, electricity/power, phone, gas, water and Internet services."

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/03/15/consumer-reporting-letter-causes-confusion-concern/

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.