cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone successfully used a GW letter with Charter Communications or CPA?

tag
veerob982003
Established Member

Has anyone successfully used a GW letter with Charter Communications or CPA?

Hello All,

I currently have a paid collections account with Credit Protection Association (CPA)  (Charter Communications is the OC).  This account was paid in June 2005.  I have tried a GW letter to CPA with no response.  When I contacted their office on the phone, CPA replied that "they can only remove the collections account with the permission of the OC".  Therefore, I contacted Charter Communications with no success.  Charter is saying that "if they removed this information for me, it would be like they are admitting to sending my account to collections in error."  Long story short:  I was basically told no.  A supervisor is suppose to call me on Tuesday and explain why they can't (WON"T) do this.  Tuscani gave me the name of Charter's CEO and I sent him a certified letter on today. (I have sent the corporate office at least 2 previous letters)  I also placed my comments on PFB but I never got a reply.  I am soooo frustrated because this is my only collections and I KNOW my score would increase if this account was deleted.  Charter and CPA SUCK!!! If anyone has any ideas on how I should proceed, I would be forever grateful. Does anyone have a contact at CPA or Charter that maybe sympathetic to my situation.  Please let me know!

Thanks!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone successfully used a GW letter with Charter Communications or CPA?

I would use PFB. I have had wonderful results using it....
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.