cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone used a GW letter with Ford Motor Credit?

tag
veerob982003
Established Member

Has anyone used a GW letter with Ford Motor Credit?

Has anyone used a GW letter with Ford Motor Credit?  I have a paid in full account (last payment in July 2005) with Ford.  However, I have 3 lates from 2003, 2004 and 2005.  All my lates were 30 day lates.  I wrote Ford a GW letter asking them to delete the lates on my account since my SUV has been paid off for 2 years.  I just want to know if anyone has tried to get a GW adjustment with Ford in the past and if so, were you successful?  I hope so!Smiley Happy  I am in the process of trying to clean up my credit to obtain a business loan and getting those 3 lates removed would really be great.  On a brighter note, since becoming a member with MyFico.com, I credit score has gone from a 530 to a 622 and it is still rising.  I also was able to get capital one to delete 4 lates on 2 accounts with a GW letter.  I am still trying with the GW route with a paid collection account:  Credit Protection Association in Dallas, TX (OC is Charter Communication).  Any advice on how to proceed is much appreciated.  Also trying the GW route with Household Bank (Orchard Bank Card).  I paid this account off with a settlement in October 2002 for less that what was owed, but it was already in a "charge-off" state.  I hope HSHB will just delete it from my credit report or at least take of the negative "charge-off" even with the $0 balance.  Sorry to write a book, but I really respect all the advice here!  Thanks a bunch!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone used a GW letter with Ford Motor Credit?

I have never GW with Ford...But its ALWAYS worth the try.  Good luck and keep us up to date on the progress you are having.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ford is my next target. I have posted a thread with some GW letters sent out. Here is the thread.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=17931

However, someone posted that we keep track of our sucesses and failures on this thread. I think that is a great idea. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=2661&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

either place, I think that would be a good resource for the memebers of this board.

Peace
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, I tried. They replied back that they signed some kind of agreement with the credit reporting agencies so that they would always report the truth,and since the truth WAS that I had one 30 days late over the course of my car loan ,and I had even paid it off early, they still had to follow that , and report only the truth. In other words , I got no where, and they wouldn't remove it. THey did say , tho, that they valued my customer satisfaction and hoped I would continue to buy FORD! Lisa
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

nurselisa wrote:
yes, I tried. They replied back that they signed some kind of agreement with the credit reporting agencies so that they would always report the truth,and since the truth WAS that I had one 30 days late over the course of my car loan ,and I had even paid it off early, they still had to follow that , and report only the truth. In other words , I got no where, and they wouldn't remove it. THey did say , tho, that they valued my customer satisfaction and hoped I would continue to buy FORD! Lisa

Sounds like hogwash to me.  An agreement with the CRAs huh? Yeah right!!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i'm sure when you are reporting to any CRA they make you sign a standard contract the you will be truthful in what you report...They are just twisting the meaning to have an excuse not to remove the info. Stay after them they may just get tired of you asking and do it!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already tried to dispute it 3 times with the Credit agencies over the past year, and written to FORD twice with the same response. ONce in certified mail, and once online per their website. I think they have a standard form they mail, or send out when they get a GW letter basically...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.