Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have any one of heard UWCS.

tag
b4real_01
Established Member

Have any one of heard UWCS.

Have anyone heard of Union Workers Credit Services.  They sent me Pre-Approved letter for 10,000 in the mail. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have any one of heard UWCS.

Pre-approval for? LOC? CC?

If for CC, then we can move the post over to the CC forum where you'll likely get more responses.

Message 2 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

b4real_01 wrote:

Have anyone heard of Union Workers Credit Services.  They sent me Pre-Approved letter for 10,000 in the mail. 

I'm pretty sure that we've figured out that this is a giant scam, and that it's best to stay far, far away.

This "offer" is completely different from the HSBC Union Plus CC, which is actually a pretty decent card.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:

b4real_01 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that we've figured out that this is a giant scam, and that it's best to stay far, far away.

RUN AWAY!!!! Don't do it!! I was reading an article recently (scambling my head to remember the source) where a number of states' AGs are going after these guys.

Message 4 of 7
wmarat
Valued Contributor

WOW, they used to offer $7500 lines.

I would not call it scam, they just use the fact that people do not read fine print. As far as I remember, they disclosed all the fees and the fact that one can use this line only buying from their catalog, which is heavily overpriced.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 5 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

there are voluminous complaints against this entity (which peddles overpriced goods for a fee) for failing to refund/cancel accts. at customers' request. 

you basically will never get your money back if you sign up and subsequenlty realize it isn't for you (and it isn't).

imo: total scam, even after perusing the fine print.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 7
MattH
Senior Contributor

@b4real_01 wrote:

According to their local BBB at

http://www.fortworth.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=A5041467

"Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F"

The rest of that page has more details about why they have a rating of F, including the interesting fact that one of the principals of this company was previously associated with a different company who also had an unsatisfactory history with the BBB.

Stay away.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.