Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Problems With Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Having Problems With Equifax

Yup... its not similar its actually the same thing for me..

Not thru AnnualCreditReport.com  But I can thru CK  or Creditchecktotal.com... :/

So frustrating...

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to obtain additional information on why I can't purchase any Equifax product to see my credit online and the only thing that has been done is my credit card has been ran and voided like 10+ times.. Equifax Representatives are clueless as to what's going on and all they do is transfer me from the Global Consumer Dept. to the Personal Solutions staff and vice versa.. I am actually submitting a compalaint as we speak to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, but I'm not sure if that will do much :/

Someone suggested to submt a complaint to the Office of Consumer Affairs but I can't seem to locate where that would be and how to submit a complaint :/

Thanks all for everything...

Message 12 of 21
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been trying to obtain additional information on why I can't purchase any Equifax product to see my credit online and the only thing that has been done is my credit card has been ran and voided like 10+ times.. Equifax Representatives are clueless as to what's going on and all they do is transfer me from the Global Consumer Dept. to the Personal Solutions staff and vice versa.. I am actually submitting a compalaint as we speak to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, but I'm not sure if that will do much :/

Someone suggested to submt a complaint to the Office of Consumer Affairs but I can't seem to locate where that would be and how to submit a complaint :/

Thanks all for everything...

OMG.  Sorry to hear this OP.  I thought I was the only person on the planet with similiar EQ issues.  In my case, I think it's because I have a lot of activity on my EQ report which clogs their system.  For example, there are times that creditors are not able to access my EQ report when I have no freezes or fraud alerts in place.  My EQ report hasn't updated in months with some of my creditors (actually a benefit right now).  Do you have a lot of activity on your EQ report?  Every time I've called EQ, they tell me there is nothing wrong with my report.  I even have their (EQ) monitoring service.   

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 13 of 21
baller4life
Super Contributor

I am having same issue. Cannot update my report. System clogged with too many softs from monitoring service. I am waiting now for tech support to delete my softs so I can access it again. I pay for "unlimited" updates. But, it's obvious to me their system can't handle that. I dont even know if Penfed or NFCU were able to AR me last week. SMH.
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!! well sorry to admit this but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one loosing hair over EQ customer service.

Btw are you all getting reps from the middle east?? they aren't rude or anything (at least with the exception of 1) but they simply don't understand the situation. I almost feel bad because I get so frustrated I think I start talking to fast for them and then they just shut down and say nothing..

I do believe I have alot of information on my file but then that's the same for all other reports.. in fact, I think EQ is my smallest.. so if you are saying this is the case with you all then that's probably the issue.

I use to have the Equifax Personal Solutions Plat. Membership ($9 disc. thru NFCU) but after all this mess I can't even access that :/  so one thing that really ticked me off was that I was paid up until Sept. 24 and with all the issues I am locked out and can't see anything Smiley Sad

Either way, I had to be a witch and submitted complaint letters all over the place because I'm so frustrated and I'm seriously driven to drink each day when I'm on the phone with EQ... Its almost ridiculous how businesses like this are able to function and be responsible for such information that affects so many people in such a harsh way.

Sorry I guess I just vented too much Smiley Surprised

Message 15 of 21
baller4life
Super Contributor

I totally understand your frustration sylviag. And yes I get Middle Easterners when I call. And the last one spend 53 mins on the phone with me trying to fix my issue. Bless his heart. But, he finally had to submit a tech support tkt to have my softs removed. If you have been updating your report daily thru their product that is the issue. Their systems can only handle so much data. And when you clog it, it either stops working, bumps off tradelines or both. Not only can I not access my reports, I lost 10 positive student loan accounts that were not supposed to fall off till 2021. I have a contact in the EO that is fixing the issue for me. And she has been pretty adamant with me that regardless of the fact the product advertises "unlimited" updates. The system simply can't handle it and it causes problems.

Message 16 of 21
12njoy
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

I totally understand your frustration sylviag. And yes I get Middle Easterners when I call. And the last one spend 53 mins on the phone with me trying to fix my issue. Bless his heart. But, he finally had to submit a tech support tkt to have my softs removed. If you have been updating your report daily thru their product that is the issue. Their systems can only handle so much data. And when you clog it, it either stops working, bumps off tradelines or both. Not only can I not access my reports, I lost 10 positive student loan accounts that were not supposed to fall off till 2021. I have a contact in the EO that is fixing the issue for me. And she has been pretty adamant with me that regardless of the fact the product advertises "unlimited" updates. The system simply can't handle it and it causes problems.

I'm one of the few I suppose that likes this.  It has been a great benefit to me thus far.  The good far outweighs the bad (on my report anyway).

___________ 12Njoy
Message 17 of 21
baller4life
Super Contributor

Lol yes I suppose it can be a good thing. Haha. Especially for busy bees like yourself 12! 😆
Message 18 of 21
12njoy
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Lol yes I suppose it can be a good thing. Haha. Especially for busy bees like yourself 12! 😆

Yes, two installment loans not reporting and both are new so that helps.  I wish that student loan would stop reporting, but at least it's reporting with a zero payment.  That has helped me to get a 20k personal loan at 8.74% and a 28.5k line of credit at 10.49%.  I'll take that anyday.  Oh and I almost forgeot about that $1,600 CITI SP luv.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 19 of 21
baller4life
Super Contributor

That's pretty sweet 12! I would want mines to stay unaccessible too if I were you! My EQ is actually in better shape now than in was. So I wanted Penfed and NFCU to be able to AR so I could get clis. Something tells me that didn't happen and I will have to wait till next AR. 😩
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.