Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having a fraud alert didn't help!

tag
Eric958
Established Contributor

Having a fraud alert didn't help!

Someone was still able to get credit in my name although my f/a say to call me on my cell before issuing credit! Seems they wanted to buy a CURBY VACUUM cleaner.Good thing for CS which sent me an alert about the inq. I now have all their info including address from not only bank but the salesman himself.

Anyone know the number to the higher ups at TC so I can ask for an apology for cancel ling me? This is what I've been trying to prevent by MONITORING MY CREDIT DAILY. as much as I liked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there any recourse against the bank for not following the FA on my report?

E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Eric958
Established Contributor

Re: Having a fraud alert didn't help!

SmileyCentral.comHello, Anyone.

Never Give Up!!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

GOOD LORD- A lousy vacuum and a CFL to boot.

Press charges!!!!!!!
Message 3 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Wow! How rotten! I would definitely press charges like Timothy said. People who do this need to be punished severely. I was a victim a few weeks back and had my debit card number stolen and I also placed FAs on my reports. Not sure how this can happen. Sorry!Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 6
Eric958
Established Contributor

going to see a DT in the morning to do report.My Ex is involved, You wouldn't believe all the info which is now falling into my lap. Open and shut case. Thanks guys.

Never Give Up!!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have fraud alerts on our credit reports which seem to do no good as I have applied for 6 different things and for every 6 I apply for it seems someone else applies for 20 and they are all online. I was wandering if maybe someone else isnt watching my credit reports to see when I apply and then they do at the same time for the same thing sometimes. How can I prevent this and I have like 30 or so for auto loans
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.