cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having a judgement/garnishment removed???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having a judgement/garnishment removed???

I would LOVE to have that off of my report! I was sued (unpaid medical bills), they won, then they garnished my wages. I just recently paid the last installment on the garnishment, so the judgement has been satisfied. Do you think they would be willing to remove it? How would I go about that?
THANKS!!! Smiley Indifferent
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Having a judgement/garnishment removed???

Congrats on paying it of.  I think it's pretty doubtful that a judgment could be removed from credit, judgments are usually put on by county's/courthouses.  You would have to ask the county/clerk's office at the courthouse to remove it... but why would they?  I don't see them having any motivation to do it.  You could make sure they report it as paid though.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

It's possible for anything to be removed from your CRs. Of course there are no guarantees but I would try a GW letter. If it doesn't work the first time around keep trying and trying. Here's a sample letter, just remember to personalize it to your situation.

Message 3 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Hey Shane it's nice to see you meandering in the other forums.Smiley Happy We really appreciate all of the great advice you have been giving to the members.
Message 4 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Welcome!  Mortgage forum was slow today so I thought I would pop my head in here to see what's going on Smiley Wink

I guess anything IS possible, regarding removing the judgment from credit... but that would be an odd discussion with a county clerk's office.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.