cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble understanding when items will come off my credit report.

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Having trouble understanding when items will come off my credit report.

Here is how I would tackle any dispute of derogs in my CR.

Pull out all original creditor records on any disputed account debt..

First, list in chron order each reported delinquency on the OC debt while the OC account was open.

Each of these reportings can remain in your CR, under FCRA 605(a)(5), for up to 7 years from each of their individual dates of delinwuency with the OC.  DOFD is meaningless to these drop offf dates. They drop off indivuaually.

If a charge off (CO) or collectiion (CA) is reported, they have totally separte drop off dates.

They are based on only one single date,and that is the DOFD on the OC account. That is, under FCRA 605(c), set at 7 1/2 years from that separate date, the DOFD.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long do my closed accounts stay on my report?  I have 53 accounts and most of them are over ten years old and closed.

Message 12 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

How long do my closed accounts stay on my report?  I have 53 accounts and most of them are over ten years old and closed.

Positive accounts remain for 10 yrs from the date of closure.

Don't do anything to those old accounts, unless you want a score drop.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 14 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu. If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Abuse to a Moderator” link to asking the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Abuse to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know. Thanks for your contribution to the FICO Forums!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.