Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hawk Alert on TU report by social security administration

tag
JRS123
Established Member

Hawk Alert on TU report by social security administration

Hi,

whenever I try to get my TU credit report or score (thru myfico, annualcreditreports or TU itself) I get error and suggestion to call them.

TU rep told me that I have a Hawk Alert on my account and its posted by Social securty administration.

After asking why I have this alert she said it may be because the year my ssn was issued.

I was on student visa and got ssn; now on work permit.

My ssn is 3 years old but she said its 1-2 years old.

Anyhelp removing this hawk error?

Should I call social security office?

BTW My Myfico EFX score is 709 and 42K total credit limit with 2-3 % utilization and pay full each month.

Any help is appreciated !

MyFico - TU- Hawk Alert Smiley Sad MyFico EFX 726.
Amex Blue cash 15K; Bofa Cash rewards 20K; Bofa Travelrewards 10K; 2/13 myFico 709
Target Score 760-800
Gardening since Jan'13 hopefully till Jan '14
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JRS123
Established Member

Re: Hawk Alert on TU report by social security administration

any help ?

Amex Blue cash 15K; Bofa Cash rewards 20K; Bofa Travelrewards 10K; 2/13 myFico 709
Target Score 760-800
Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

A Hawk alert is a type of fraud alert. It is a tool that searches for fraud alerts on all the available databases whenever someone orders your credit report.

They fall into 6 catergories

• Specific warnings about non-residential addresses and telephone numbers that may be inappropriate on a personal credit application
  • Information supplied to Trans Union by subscribers or loaded directly by TransUnion's Fraud Victim Assistance Department (FVAD); indicates addresses, SSNs, or telephone numbers used in suspected or confirmed fraud
  • Checks for potential fraud in SSN information
  • Cross-references the Hawk database elements and TransUnion consumer credit database file information
  • Indicate when the Hawk system is partially or completely unavailable
  • No Hawk matches are found - clear for all searches performed

Message 3 of 5
JRS123
Established Member

I think the address I once used for a while was public mailbox address and that might be reason...
Any ideas how to get it cleared?
Thx
Target Score 760-800
Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Since the alert is placed by the Social Security Administration, I would start with them.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.