Contributor
pembrokepride

Heads up PayPal attempted fraud

Not sure if this is in the right place mods please move if needed. I just wanted to give a heads up to other members. I got this e-mail today claiming to be a security notice from PayPal what caught my attention right away was the opening where it say "Dear valued customer" sent up red flags. It ask you to download and submit a form that asks for all your personal information including social security# , DOB and PayPal credit/debt card #. Called PayPal sure enough it is not from them and they asked me to forward the e-mail to them. I know most members here would know this was fishy but I wanted to let people know. I am not sure if this is isolated or widespread fraud attempts. If anyone needs the e-mail address where PayPal asked me to forward it to just PM me.

To

Today at 7:02 AM

Dear Valued Customer,

Our security system has detected that you have changed your PayPal email address.

However, we have reverted the email address back to its original settings.

If you feel that an unauthorized person has changed your email, download the form
attachment
in this email and fill in your personal details in the form in order to keep
your original email and to restore your PayPal account.

Please do understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and
your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

PayPal

In garden as of 04-06-14 to 12/01/14

Starting score EQ MyFico 646 11/29/13 Current 691 EQ MyFico SW 04/03/14
Starting score EX MyFico 657 12/01/13 Current 686 EX MyFico 03/01/14
Starting score TU MyFico 627 12/02/13 Current 696 Barkclay 03/26/14
Valued Contributor
lg8302ch

Re: Heads up PayPal attempted fraud

[ Edited ]
Anything not addressed to you (name) is always a guaranteed spoof ....for PayPal and Ebay :smileysad:. I would start to look closer only if I would get it addressed to me personally...just deleted one from PP yesterday but I do not even read them anymore...it is to often I get such strange mails :smileysad:
Edit: and attachements are always a no go
FICO® EQ 784 (as of today) - TU 771 (07/25) * Fako EX 799 (07/02 - CS) * last app 06/01/14 * INQ last 2 yrs TU: 5, EX: 7, EQ: 7

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!..................................................................* Bronze Spade Garden Club member *
Senior Contributor
alvon123

Re: Heads up PayPal attempted fraud

Thanks for the notification,    I have Paypal as well and from time to time I get these as well.

Mouse cursor over cards to see limits

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+