Valued Member
kpaul212

Hello,   I appreciate the help immensly, I am very confus...

[ Edited ]

Message Edited by kpaul212 on 12-03-2007 08:21 AM
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

Re: Hello,   I appreciate the help immensly, I am very confus...

kpaul212 wrote:
Hello,

I appreciate the help immensly, I am very confused. I am a New York resident and have two charged off acounts. One that I settled and is listed "legally paid in full" for less than full balance" (credit card 1) and the other as completely charged-off (CC #2). They were both credit cards.

My question is, if the last payment for #1 was 02/06, and for card 2 was 06/06, when will they come off? Will the first card come off first because of the 5 year rule in New York?

Also my experian report says in the status, that CC#1 willcome off in 10/11 and CC#2 in  2012. How is this correct?

I am so confused. Please help if you can. Thanks!

You are confusing federal law that deals with CRA and state laws.

Federal law  CRTP

State SOL

SOL in NY is 6 years & only means that you can not be sued after 6 years....it will drop of CR in 7-7.5 years (CRTP)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+